"Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music – the world is rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." - Henry Miller
Fundraising and sponsorship money is invested in various projects, amongst others:
- The motorcycle Ride in September each year, reaching at least 15,000 face to face
- Printing of Posters and brochures with information on the “Shy cancers”. These are distributed in rural communities, hospitals, clinics, schools etc.
- Funding of an Educational and Awareness Project to be launched on World Cancer Day in February 2013. This project will reach the masses - millions.
- Funding the Cancer Buddy Project (PLWC) enabling the formation of new Buddy groups where the need is dire, especially in remote areas
Why should you support Cancer.vive?
Your donation or sponsorship will help us continue the vital work of changing lives and being the health change agents for putting the power back in the hands of the people. People Living with Cancer is:
- Tax exempt
- BEE compliant – Level 4 with 100% contribution level
- Has a black beneficiary base of 85%
- Has an NPO number and audited financial statements
- Was registered on 15 July 2010 in terms of the Non-profit Organisations Act, 1997. (Registration Number: 081-399 NPO.)
How you can assist us in our fundraising efforts:
Share the Love project
Participate in our “Share the Love project sponsored by Revlon” - Download more information
Host a Celebration of Life Walk
The Cancer.vive Team will supply you with a bandana and a Revlon product for each person participating in the walk. You can sell “Hot Spots” to businesses who will add to the fun along the walk. This is great fun for the whole family!
Host a Celebration of Life Golf Day
Negotiate with your local golf club to sponsor the green fees and host a 4-ball competition. We will donate some Revlon Hampers for the winners of the various categories
Ladies Morning Tea
Host a Fundraising Celebration of Life Ladies’ Morning Tea with one of our riders as a guest speaker.
Cancer Awareness Day
Get Your School Involved in a Fun Cancer Awareness Day.
Corporate Wellness day with C.vive members as guests.
We will do a corporate wellness day on your company premises and you make a small donation.
For more information on how to host any of the above, please contact Frieda Henning
Calling on all Motorcycle clubs – Do a Breakfast Run in aid of C.vive.
Simply make a donation by clicking here.
For more information on how to host any of the above, contact Frieda by email.
Our Banking details are as follows:
- Account Name: Cancer Buddies Project - Cancer.vive
- Account Number : 62317457902
- Bank : FNB Branch - 201509
- FNB Rondebosch
- 1st Floor
- Rondebosch Main Shopping Mall
- Main Road
- Rondebosch 7700
- SWIFT code: FIRNZAJJ
- Routing No: 201509
Statutory documents are available on request.